Though B.Com course can be done from any college or even as private also, but B.Com from PIC means to invent a competent personality in himself/herself.
B.Com course in PIC is very unique & useful. This course has been designed in four folds-
- Firstly, our classes are conducted with a purpose to achieve excellent marks in university exams and construct a high academic career which is useful in higher education, research, teaching etc.
- Secondly, we teach B.Com subjects co-relating, and extending to IAS, RAS, SSC, Bank and other competitive exams. So students become aware and competent to face these exams along with their graduation.
- Creative answer writing skills are also developed which are required in university exams and IAS, RAS competition exams.
- Students are also provided classes and sessions for professional courses ( CA, CS, CMA foundation) along with the degree course.
- PIC students are transformed into a very confident and creative as an personal entrepreneur.PIC teaching learning process is student-centric, thus pro-active from students point of view. The interactive activities transform students into confident, analytical, innovative, creative and communicative in spoken & written both ways.
Minimum 48% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination of any recognized state board/CBSE/ICSE.
Admission Procedure :
The screening of the students is done on the basis of marks obtained at 10+12 level and admission is given on the basis of merit.
Elective Subjects (Optional)
ABST, EAFM, BADM
- PIC has evolved unique teaching-learning process in B.Com. Instead of giving lectures and making students passive listener, PIC teachers have adopted student-centric teaching methodology. focusing on interactive classes.
- For it, various methods like: searching keywords in a sentence, key concepts in a paragraph, asking the students themselves to solve the objective type questions from a chapter, analyzing the concepts of the chapter, inspiring students to give presentations, assessing daily in an informal way and fortnightly in a form of OMR test are in a regular practice.
- We believe that when teaching, learning and evaluation go simultaneously then education becomes effective, creative and enjoyable.
- Special attention is provided to develop analytical thinking among students (for the competitions like: IAS, RAS, Bank & SSC) which can be shaped through interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and creative answer writing practices.
- Every step of our students is taken to transform the mind into a critical thinker by analyzing, reflecting, opinion making and expressing entity with a natural behaviour.
Excellent University Results
Our B.Com students have brought laurels to PIC through their outstanding results.
Our students have achieved very good marks in theoretical & practical papers both like 96 marks in ABST, 91 marks in EAFM and 82 marks in BADM and so on.
- The students of B.Com are not only confined to achieving good marks but also added another feather in the cap by cracking various competitions.
- There are regular training & placement activities in the college which help the students to find their future in various jobs. the results of these activites that many students get placed in various private sector companies such as Doutsche bank, ICICI Bank, infosys, Oppo, Vodafone, Teleformance and so on.
- Several PCGE students, our sister institutions are serving as Police Sub-inspectors, Grade II & III Teacher, Patwars, Clerks, Constables etc.
- Many students are in corporate sector as Bank Managers, Bank POs, Bank clerks, Executives etc.
- PIC students are of high calibre and have excellent potential of bright career.
Scope of B.Com.
B.Com in PIC prepares students for a career in accounting, banking, financial management, information system & management, besides, students can prepare for various competition also or further studies like : M.Com, M.BA, M.CA, B.Ed, & other professional courses ( CA, CS, CMA) .
Career for B.Com students
- Career as a Chartered Accountant (preparation for foundation course)
- Career as a Company Secretary (preparation for foundation course)
- Career as a CMA (preparation for foundation course)
- Bank PO
- Bank Clerk
- Insurance Sector
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Excise Officer, CBI etc.)
- Statistical Officer
- Statistical Investigator
- Accountant, LDC
- Police Sub-Inspector
B.Com. course at PIC rovides research practices also which include better opportunities to initiate the research project work at graduation level. This develops the research attitude in the students and they venture into unfamiliar areas of the education.
Top Academic Programmes After B.Com. Graduation
M.Com. is the most obvious and logical choice for B.Com. graduates when it comes to higher studies. Master degree in a specialized subject, can open a lot of door for doctorate, research and excellent employment opportunities for students.
MBA / Master of Business
This is one of the most seeking career choice for commerce as well as science graduates. Many institutes are started offering MBA degrees with specialization in HR, Marketing, Finance, Banking etc.that are ideal for B.Com. graduates. PIC prepares students for CAT (entrance test for MBA) by providing specific competition classes.
MCA / Master of Computer Application
With the IT boom dominating Indian economy, computer applications and IT industry has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options available to B.Com. degree holders. MCA is an ideal academic programmefor the students who want to pursue their higher studies in this domain.
Technical short-term courses
students who are looking for a skill based educational opportunity can take up short-term courses like SAP, JAVA, SQL, .NET, Financial Accounting, PGDM and others. These courses will help them develop necessary skill set required to take up technical job profiles with ease.
B.Ed./Bachelor of Education
aduates, who have the potential of being teachers, B.Ed degree would be an excellent choice for further studies. B.Ed degree coaches the students with unique pedagogy techniques that aid them in improving their teaching skills. There is a vast demand of good commerce and multi dimentional lecture/teachers in govt. & non-govt. schools.